Saturday, June 13, 2009

First Fruits

Our garden is growing quite nicely and we even harvested our first vegetable on Thursday! Here's a shot of the garden where you can actually see things growing... =)

On the left is the lettuce, to the right are some potato plants and in the middle are our radishes.


Pulling up the first radish!! (Don't worry, the snake doesn't bite.)


Hooray! Our first veggie!!


Shortly after this picture, we took the little thing inside, gave it a bath and ate it. I have to say that it was the spiciest radish I've ever had in my life!! I even had to drink some milk afterward to extinguish the flames! haha! Do you think it's because the radish is of a certain variety, because it's very fresh or some other reason???

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I didn't even know you had a blog :D

    I'll add it to our Google Reader!

    Thx for the comment on our blog,

    -Kane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an old post... but I just read it. I've found that some varieties are spicier than others. I also wonder if it has something to do with the ground that it grows in? Something like that was mentioned to me once.

    ReplyDelete